Looking ahead to this time next year, to Christmas 2016, where do I hope we’ll be?
For Ben, success in 2016 looks like this. Things that will give him a sense of acheivement and pride. Closure too I think, leaving England having ticked off a few personal goals.
- Eridris first draft completed and show to Bob (him reading it on a recording would be ubersuccess)
- House sold here, house bought in France, work completed and us all moved in for a first Ariege Christmas
- 30 individual memories on my shelf of achievements
- Jenna pregnant : )
- 5 wickets taken in cricket games over the summer
- 50 runs scored overall over the summer
- Me and Ed meet up at least twice
- Luigi to visit the house before we’ve sold up and moved out
All I want is…
- Celebrate Christmas in our new home in the Ariege
- To have the business up and running ready to take bookings for 2017
- Our French is improving and we’ve made a good first impression
- Our friends and family are still talking to us
- We are all able to enjoy Christmas without worrying about our finances and without regretting the move, without being home sick
- I’d like to feel relaxed enough about the work needed on the new house and business that we’re at least trying for another baby
I can’t think of any goals that aren’t about us as a family. Because I really know for the first Christmas in my adult life that I have everything I want and I’m supremely happy in my life, in myself, with my lot. I’m really content.
Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee